Omron M2 - Upper Arm Blood Pressure Monitor
Like all OMRON ‘M-range’ fully automatic blood pressure monitors OMRON M2 contains Intellisense Technology to give fast, comfortable and accurate blood pressure readings. OMRON M2 is supplied with a 22-32 cm cuff as standard.
Cuff Wrapping Guide
Indicates if cuff is wrapped correctly: not too loose or too tight
Blood Pressure Level Indicator
Shows how your reading compares to reference values
Easy to read display ensures anyone can make use of the device with ease
Designed for ease of application and a good fit on most adult arm sizes
Irregular Heartbeat Detection
Indicates if Irregular Heartbeat is detected
The device has proven its reliability and accuracy under vigorous testing procedures by major health organisations
Keep track of your data, stores up to 30 previous readings
Comfortable, quick and accurate blood pressure monitoring is now even easier with this fully automatic digital upper arm monitor. It gives early warning of potential health issues with an Irregular Heartbeat Detector. With the OMRON M2, protection against hypertension is in your hands. While the easy to wrap cuff fits most adult arms (22-32 cm circumference), the Cuff Wrapping Guide ensures correct fitting, and the new larger display makes the results clear and easy to read.
Hypertension – what is blood pressure?
- The heart is a very powerful pump that beats steadily
- The pressure created by the heart to pump the blood through the blood vessels is called blood pressure
- When the heart muscle contracts the blood surges through the arteries – this is when the systolic (upper) blood pressure value occurs
- The diastolic (lower) value is the resting pressure before the heart contracts again
- Ideally your blood pressure should be below 140/85 mmHg
- There are approximately 16 million people in the UK with high blood pressure, however nearly two thirds are not aware of the fact, which is understandable when there are no symptoms. However, if left, high blood pressure can lead to strokes and heart problems.
The technology – Irregular heartbeat detection
Irregular Heartbeat Detection – A symbol appears if an irregular heartbeat has been detected whilst a measurement has been taken. The M2 also features a blood pressure level indicator which will show you if you blood pressure is outside the normal range.
What is in the box?
- Blood Pressure Monitor HEM-7121
- Easy Cuff (22-32 cm)
- Battery Set (4xAAA )
- Instruction Manual
- Storage Case
- Blood Pressure Pass