LoofCo Root Vegetable Scrubber Plastic Free Compostable Kitchen Food Preparation
- Great for root vegetables
- Completely plastic-free
- Biodegradable and compostable
- Helps to replace toxic plastic mass-produced scrubs
WHY WE LOVE THESE
- They're made from soft Egyptian loofah plant with cotton hanging loops. Compressed for transport, they swell up and become soft and flexible in water, meaning it fits neatly in your hand.
- It's also the most ethical choice around, supporting traditional crops and skills. The farmers and production workers who work for LoofCo are treated fairly with wages and benefits higher than normal rates and no children are employed either.
- This root vegetable scrubber has inspired by cleaning methods that have been tried, tested and proven over generations.
If you are just planning on washing up a handful of veg, you can do it under running water. If you are going to be doing a lot, set yourself a small sink of water. Dunk the veg you are going to be scrubbing in the water, and scrub all sides lightly. Press more heavily where needed to get rid of visible dirt. Then give a final rinse in clean water or under running water. This shouldn’t take any more than 15 to 30 seconds per veg.
Looking after your vegetable scrubber
Rinse well and squeeze out excess water before hanging to dry from the cotton string loop. occasionally wash in the washing machine or by hand if you like.