Suresign Automatic Blood Pressure & Pulse Monitor with Large Display & 90 Memory
- Easy to use and store
- Automatic Inflation
- Professional Accuracy
- 90 memory storage & average
- Pulse rate measurement
- Clinically validated
- Listed with the British Hypertension Society
- Includes standard cuff - fits upper arm circumference 22cm-32cm
HOW DOES A BLOOD PRESSURE MONITOR WORK?
Our Suresign Blood Pressure Monitor is intended for the measurement of Systolic and Diastolic arterial blood pressure. The device measures the fluctuations in the pressure of the cuff produced by extension and contraction of the artery in the arm in response to each heartbeat. These are converted into millimetres of mercury (Hg) and are displayed as a digital value.
HOW TO POSITION THE BLOOD PRESSURE MONITOR CUFF?
|1. Put the edge of the cuff into the metallic ring.|
|2. Put the cuff on the arm and position the tube on the inner arm. If measurement on the left arm is difficult the right arm can be used, but reading may differ by about 5-10mmHg.|
|3. Wrap cuff around the upper arm with the lower edge of the cuff approximately 2-3 centimetres above the elbow. The mark with inscription <<ARTERY>> must be over the artery of the arm.|
|4. Press the surface of the cuff to make sure that it is attached securely. When wrapping the cuff, wrap it loosely enough around the arm so that two fingers can be placed between the cuff and the arm. If the cuff is wrapped more tightly or loosely than this, inaccurate blood pressure readings may result.|
|5. On the fastened cuff the mark <<INDEX>> must point to the area <<NORMAL (22-32cm)>>. This means the cuff is selected correctly and corresponds to the size of the upper arm range. If the mark points to the area marked << >> or to the left, that means the cuff is too small and the reading will be too high, so you require a Large Cuff. If the mark points to the area << >> or to the right, that means the cuff is too large and reading will be too low.|
HOW TO TAKE BLOOD PRESSURE READINGS
Insert the tube plug into the air connector. Before the
measurement, take 3-5 deep breaths (inhalation-exhalation) and
relax. Do not move, talk or strain your arm or hand while the
reading is being taken.
2. Press and hold the O/I button until the device starts to operate.
3. All symbols will appear on the display for a short time, then two short beeps will sound and the device will begin automatically to inflate the air into the cuff.
After reaching 190mmHg the pressure in the cuff will begin to fall
gradually. The data on the display will decrease.
5. The bleep will sound at the end of the measurement, the device will release all the air from the cuff and the readings will appear on the display.
6. Press the O/I button of the device to switch off.
HOW TO READ BLOOD PRESSURE MONITOR RESULTS
The Pulse per minute reading is displayed in the bottom
right corner of the display.
2. The Systolic (mmHg) and Diastolic (mmHg) are displayed on the left side of the display with the Systolic above the Diastolic.
3. To determine your blood pressure classification you should compare these readings to the graph to the right (click to enlarge).
1 x Suresign Automatic Blood Pressure Monitor
1 x Standard sized cuff (22cm-32cm)
1 x Carry Case
4 x AA Batteries
1 x Instructions