Trixie K9 Powerharness Dog Harness 2XS/Baby 2, 33–45 cm/18 mm, BlackView AllClose
- Size: Chest circumference: 33-45 cm, Dog’s weight: 2-5 kg.
- Traditional comfort and convenience: Perfect wear for the park and on the streets - since 1997.
- The world's first harness with interchangeable patches: You can choose from countless different patch options to express your dog’s personality, mood, or to display useful information on your harness.
- Sturdy construction for everyday use: The handle atop the harness allows you to control your dog with confidence. Reliability and durability are guaranteed by the shatterproof buckle, and the use of first class materials. The reflective elements of the harness ensure good visibility, and the first class lining provides comfort.
- Exceptionally easy to put on and use: Just one click and you're ready to go!
What to do if the dog wriggles out of the harness
The JULIUS-K9 chest harnesses have been designed for ease of use and for simple application. These types of harnesses are therefore most commonly used during city walks or when working with service dogs. As a result of improper leash use, sizing, or harness adjustment, some dogs can still wriggle out of the harness.
If the leash is inadvertently pulled in the opposite direction to how the harness was put on, the harness might be pulled off the dog. This can happen if
- The harness is adjusted too loosely,
- The dog starts moving backwards trying to run away.
- The dog lags behind and is being pulled by the leash
Dog harnesses are designed to guide the dog in a gentle, neck-sparing way on the leash, to hold the dog, and to make it possible for the owner to hold it back in case of an emergency. A dog harness is not a coercive tool! When facing the dog, do not pull the leash towards you and never pull the dog after you on a leash because it will hurt them. Improper leash treatment can cause the dog to try to escape. The owner would be responsible for the dog pulling loose from the harness should this happen.
How to safely walk your dog in a harness
If the dog is prone to panic or feels insecure near traffic, it is recommended to use the handle on the top of the harness to help the dog.
It is also a good idea to use the collar and dog harness together with a double carabiner leash while walking
In this way, the dog can be led safely with one hand and the collar does not overload the dog’s neck if it needs to be held back suddenly. The Y-belt or pressure distribution pad, hich can be retrofitted to the harness, also allows the harness to rest securely and comfortably.
How to adjust the dog harness
Proper sizing and adjustment is essential for any type of harness. Before using the harness for the first time, it is very important to read the instructions carefully and to follow them.